Canadian Officers Training Corps – Plaque Unveiling
September 10, 2012
On September 10, 2012, members of the U of T community and the University of Toronto Contingent, Canadian Officers Training Corps (COTC) gathered at 119 St. George, now the home of Woodsworth College, to unveil a plaque dedicated to the members of the COTC.
The President delivered Trang web baccarat trực tuyếnbrief remarks at the unveiling.
The plaque reads:
Shortly before the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, this fine 1892 house was purchased by the Board of Governors for the University of Toronto Contingent, Canadian Officers Training Corps (COTC). Together with the Drill Hall built that summer, it provided accommodation for a headquarters and other facilities where, during six years of war and the uneasy peace which followed, thousands of University of Toronto students and graduates received their initial officer training before serving Canada overseas and at home.
Erected on 10 September 2012 by the COTC Board of Trustees, with the support of the Ontario Heritage Trust.
The University of Toronto News site has Trang web baccarat trực tuyếna story and a few photos of the event.